Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was interesting. Although the food was great and the people friendly, it wasn't my best Thanksgiving yet. Matt and I were in charge of bringing deviled eggs- sounds pretty easy but it wasn't. We spent all morning cooking (we were only doing banana pudding and deviled eggs, I wonder what'll happen when we have to do the entire dinner!) and the eggs wouldn't cooperate. My wonderful husband took it upon himself to boil the eggs and cool them off but they weren't allowed to cook long enough so we had to reboil them after they were already cold. So on take two, we start de-shelling the eggs but the shell keeps sticking and pulling the egg apart horribly. We let them cool longer, we doused them in cold water, we tried to be more patient and nothing was helping those shells come off the egg better. We are just fortunate that the ugly side of the egg always remains down on the plate! The pudding got raves though. It snowed for the first time on Sunday and we got a video of Emmaline's first encounter. It was much like the bubbles, I can't say she really enjoyed the event as much as her dad and I did. I'll post the video but it may be sort of boring to tell the truth. She doesn't do much.

There are only two weeks left of school and for that I'm insanely grateful. I have several phone calls to make and I have an Usborne Book Show on Wednesday as well as a Christmas party to help set up for Friday. Amongst all this, I have three chapters in my history book to read, 15 chapters in the other one to review, 4 papers to edit and my own paper to finish. Its going to be a great week. The hardest part about all this is there really isn't a concrete deadline like if I was going to school. Oh, darn, I have to read this chapter of history today before class! I better do it now! No, its more like, Oh, it has to be done at some point today...I've got other things I'm interested in...hopefully it will get done! And then Emmaline isn't feeling well- she is teething and has a cold on top of being cranky. Its not easy to work on homework when she is awake so I have to carefully plan my day around her naps.

Well, thats my busy tirade for today. Thing to remember for next time, take each moment one at a time and things will work out better than I expect it will.

No comments: