Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Yesterday was horrible!

So, yesterday I was so excited to be getting out and about, doing a bunch of small errands that involved seeing some of my friends and then making cookies with my family. It didn't happen. Over Sunday night there was a bit of a freeze and the roads were covered in ice. Yuck. We don't have snow tires and we don't even have 4 wheel drive (is that what its called?) Anyway, the car is dangerous to drive and I don't trust myself. So there went all my good plans. At one point I went to leave, seeing that no one in front of my house had skid as they drove by but as I put Emmaline in the car, she threw the biggest tantrum in her life. I swear, I have never seen that girl cry that hard. I took it as a sign and decided I wasn't going to drive at all. My sister came by later to pick me up because the roads were better and they have a better car- but as we were switching the carseat from my car to the SUV, we set Emmaline in the back seat- I couldn't get the carseat unhooked so Christal shut the SUV door and came to help. As we opened the SUV door again, Emmaline came falling out, doing a face plant on the pavement (and snow covered ice). She got a good scrape and bump on her forehead, cheek, under her nose and bit her lip. As soon as she fell I had adreneline pumping and when the whole escapade was over, I was exhausted and on the verge of tears. The day didn't get any better from there and by the time Matt got home from work, all I wanted to do was climb in bed and cuddle. We did make some rice crispies though. That could make anyone smile :)

No comments: