Thursday, December 4, 2008

My Usborne Plug

Two posts in one day! Sweet! So I'm an Usborne Book Consultant and I have hinted at that a few times. Now I'm actually going to give you my sales pitch. Usborne is the leading publisher of children's educational books in the United States. Our books are so cool because children won't even realize they are learning. We have researchers that continually study the way children's brains work and grow and we encorporate their findings into our literature. We have books from birth to young teens and then dictionaries/encyclopedias that can be used through High School. But we label the books with ages and it doesn't necessarily mean anything. Matt and I have several favorites that we read/play with regularly. So for infants/toddlers we have a line of touchy-feely books as well as look-and-say books. These books have nice textures for the babies to learn from and big tabs to help turn pages. All of these books are board books and very durable. (plus a lot more) For preschool/kindergarten ages we have a little more advanced childrens books but my favorite are the dual readers. There are two sets of words on every page. The line on the top of the page is 1st grade reading level and the lines on the bottom of the page are 2nd grade reading level. This is really good for several reasons. Bedtime stories can be significantly shorter because parents can get away with reading just the top line of the story (lol). For children who are learning to read, they can read the top line while mom and dad or an older sibling can read the second set of words. We also have a very good line of phonics readers. For older readers we have a really cute line of stories that all have beautiful illustrations. My favorite is 'How Big is a Million'? Its one of the best sellers in our catalogue. From there, we also have a large line of chapter books for the graduating readers, level one through level 5 I believe. Did I mention that Usborne has a guarantee on their books? If a book gets ruined for any reason whatsoever (even if your kid tears it in a tantrum or throws it in the bathtub) we will replace it for half price. There is no other publisher anywhere that guarantees their books like that- especially if you buy books at chain stores like Boarders. We have so many really cool things that I can't even post them all here. We have books that have flaps (see inside your body, fairy land, the earth...etc) books that have fold out pages (Sam Sheep Cant Sleep, a phonics reader) books with activities (hair braiding, magic tricks, mazes, dot-to-dot etc) and so so so much more. Although I prefer to show books in person (they literally sell themselves) I have a website that is browse-able. www.ubah.com/w2478 Please check it out. We can deliver books straight to your home (if you order relitively soon, you can have some by Christmas!) or you can have books delivered to relatives out of state. Don't forget about birthday parties and good-grade rewards. Thats my pitch. I hope you enjoyed it. Now anytime I mention Usborne, you can understand what I'm saying. P.S. you can get a lot of free books by hosting 'eshows' or homeshows- For example, if your show earns $300 worth of sales, you get 50$ of books free. I did a show yesterday where only five people ordered and the hostess is going to get 40$ of books free. Its a really good deal.

No comments: