Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Sigh

Today has been one of those days where I woke up thinking that it would be pretty easy then I've been so busy I haven't stopped at all. I hate those days. So, as you have been reading, the Journal that I'm publishing (sort of, its in Word) is due on Monday and there has been drama on that front. I'm the Editor in Chief and I've been emailing back and forth with our layout editor. The other two editors have been unreachable for several days now. (ERG!). One particular editor, I needed her to send me the articles that she had saved. But its come down to the wire and she still hasn't emailed me back. I tried calling- but her phone is disconnected! So I had to go online and pull the articles myself, trying to recall which articals we actually accepted and which ones we didn't. I hope I remembered right. Anyway. Then there are all the acceptance and rejection letters that we have to write. I, being benevolant and not wanting to unfairly burden others with work that I know I can do, assigned myself three rejection letters to write where everyone else had to write only one. But then one of the rejection letters turned into an acceptance paper and blah blah blah...basically, all you really need to know is that it ended up in more work for muah (me). I love this job. But I wish that I got paid and was able to work with people who wanted to do it. I'm going to start my own paper editing business once school is over. I'll advertise on a few campuses and one day I'll have a whole line of 'teach yourself because your teachers can't' products. The idea will be that I can give someone a perfect layout for their paper. If they follow my guidlines exactly, they can make themselves an A+ paper. Bigheaded, I know. Anyone want to work for me? Lol

No comments: