Friday, October 9, 2009

Free Stuff

I checked Facebook this morning and a friend of mine posted a code for a free breastfeeding shawl. I remember one of my friends doing this during the summer and she got a really cool shawl with a bag and everything for only the cost of shipping and handling. I checked out the website, found the shawl that I liked (it was 32$) put in the code and it made the shawl free! So I paid 9$ S/H (which is actually pretty cheap for a shawl like that.) I'm excited to be recieving this in the mail here soon. The problem was the result of suddenly getting the good deal: I've been consumed with spending all my time this morning online looking for more great deals. I have not found any yet. Most of the 'freebies' online are for diaper samples or desitin or something- which I'm not entirely interested in at this point. We are still working on the tubes we recieved with Emmaline. I have looked at many many online websites claiming to show you how to get free things- and most don't do more than sign you up at Pampers.com and such. I've also spent a long time combing through the sale and free adds on Craigslist.com. The problem there is generally distance- most of these 'good' sales are an hour or more drive away and I'm always afraid someone is going to get to it before I even call and I hate those conversations. If anyone has heard of great baby giveaways, let me know. I'm in the market for a baby sling, a boppy cover (neutral color), a baby swing, and potentially other fun things as I run across them. P.S. If you want to get a breastfeeding cover as a babyshower gift or have one for future use yourself, the website is uddercovers.com and the code is 1free. Enter the code during checkout- make sure you press 'apply' or it won't take the money off! I don't know how long this will go on so get it now if you want it!

1 comment:

Montefusco Family said...

Thanks! I totally went & got one too. I always wanted one with Mariana and made do with blankets (which she totally hated!). Such a good deal! I got 'Maria', the purple one.
Thanks again!