Thursday, October 22, 2009

Day 1 of the Vaca

Emmaline and I left at 7 for the first leg of our journey. I thought she did amazingly well for the first part of the trip. We stopped every hour so I could go to the bathroom (sitting, drinking water and being pregnant doesn't do much for around 130 Emmaline really started going crazy. She had already watched quite a bit of TV (Thanks Valerie! We both Loved it!) and played with her doll and read her books...etc.
By 130 she was ready to take a nap but was milking the fact that I was there. She kept screaming about her pillow or dolly or anything else she could get my attention with. Finally I flipped up my mirror (the one I have to look at her, its way cool) and ignored her completely. For about 15 minutes she screamed her headoff but finally fell asleep for a little over an hour.
We got to the hotel just before Dinner- having made really good time. I pulled out all the overnight luggage and cleaned out the car before we headed out for dinner.
While heading out to dinner I noticed this: see it?
I thought it was cool how well it camofluged into the carpet! I shoved it out of the door though...the idea of it crawling around during the night was creepy!
Here is Emmaline enjoying the hotel room (TV especially!)
And this was her idea of a 'tent'. She piled all the loose items in the room under the counter in the bathroom area. It was quite cute and nice to not have to occupy her for those few minutes!

No comments: