Monday, October 12, 2009

The Doctor Appointment

I finally got to my first appointment today. And to be completely honest, I wasn't convinced I was pregnant until the doctor said 'yup! definately about 11 weeks!' then she said congratulations. Before now I've had to convince myself I am even though I experience exhaustion, nausea, heartburn, and little flutters. So now I know I'm pregnant for sure for sure. I took the glucose screen today. I'm 99.9% sure I have Gestational Diabetes and I'll be getting a phone call any day to meet with a dietition and start getting things worked out. And then after this pregnancy I'm definately going to remember to have myself checked to see if I have type II because having GD once is a good indicator but having it twice is almost as good as a guarantee. The blood draw hurt- and still does several hours later. Not fun. Because I'm already 11 weeks the doctor tried for a heartbeat but couldn't find it. It didn't bother me because I wasn't even expecting them to look for it. And I'm sure I'll get to see the baby wiggling and squiggling soon. I was also scheduled for an ultrasound (yeah! already!) for Wednesday - which makes me totally happy because now I can take pictures with me when I see Matt. And he can have his own picture of our little beanie baby. Overall the entire appointment went very well and I'm happy to report there were no complications.

1 comment:

Foresta said...

I'm so excited! I can't wait to see your beany baby!