Friday, August 7, 2009

Week 1

The trip was awesome, I'm going to post in a few different parts though.
Week one, we went to Discovery Gateway. I mentioned its quite like a musuem but its all hands on for children. And other than being quite tired, Emmaline loved it.
This is Jane and Emmaline playing at a water area. It had all these hoses and basins and other things that shot water and such. It was pretty fun.
This is Laura and Jane (you can't tell, but Laura is working on #2 so its also the baby as well).
And this, of course, is me and Emmaline. I was pleased that it turned out to be a pretty good picture of me. At least I think so. :)
Also during week 1 we let the girls play outside. Emmaline hates sitting on grass, I found out. I think its sorta prickly. But she did enjoy running around a lot more than I thought she would.
The girls cooperated more during week 1 than during week two and we got pictures of them reading and playing with blocks as well (I love the reading one, we should submit it to some poster contest or something!)
So that was Week 1 in pictures. We did go to the family reunion on Saturday. I enjoyed the first half...basically until Emmaline turned into a holy terror who didn't have a nap. It wasn't my family so I didn't feel nearly as willing to let her run around without watching her every move. No one really knew us and I didn't think they'd automatically watch her like they would their own family. Not that anyone would intentionally let her get hurt or something...you know what I mean.
It was really hot and oddly enough, being under the pavillion wasn't very cooling. The air was stagnant and so it was stuffy as well as hot. Laura and I ended up excaping to her mom's house for an hour in the afternoon so we could have some air conditioning! And Emmaline fell asleep in the car, a double bonus.
Next post, Week 2!

No comments: