Friday, August 7, 2009

Week 2

Week 2 wasn't as good as Week 1. Emmaline and Jane really started getting tired of spending all their time together and Emmaline figured out how to make Jane scream. And (holy terror) she enjoyed it! By Wednesday we were doing our best to just keep the girls separated!
We did take them on a few walks and got some cute pics of them being nice to eachother:
And then they went on walks without us... and that was nice too!
We also took the girls to the duck pond to feed the ducks. Emmaline 'got' it a lot better than I thought she would. Unfortunately a lot of the bread she threw went strait down the drainage grate rather than being snatched up by the ducks. But that didn't deter her!
We also went to see her cousins again (pictures of the birthday party are all on other cameras).
I thought it was pretty cute that all three girls were wearing pink.
During Week 2 we also went to church. The ward that Laura and Chris are in is just a Married Student ward, meaning that they don't have a primary. Also, they have a lot of babies but only 2 in nursery! So Emmaline visiting made the nursery 3 kids in total. Big change from the 20 kids that were in nursery when Emmaline started in our ward!
The last 'big' thing that we did (big means I got pictures) was going to the zoo. Emmaline enjoyed pushing the stroller with Andrew in it and pretty much ignored the animals- to be expected.
Laura and I went went shopping on Wednesday (window shopping) as well as going out to eat. Eating out was interesting with both girls- The waitress was first-day-new- and placed us four at a two person table. So we opted to start shoving our stuff onto the next door table to keep it out of reach of the girls.
We also went to book club (talking about Jacob Have I Loved) and we had fruit pizzas for a dessert. Oh My Gosh, they were so good! I thought, oh, I like sugar cookies, I like cream cheese frosting and I like fruit. But I didn't imagine that all three together would be heaven. Sigh. Its nice even just remembering them!
Over all the trip was good. It was hard being away from Matt for so long (I know, I have to get used to it) and it was difficult dealing with Emmaline. She was out of her element and without her dad and had to share toys and I totally understand why she became the Holy Terror but that didn't make it much easier dealing with it. But I did really enjoy talking with Laura a lot, getting to know Chris a little, and seeing Christal and her kids again.

No comments: