Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Hotels

I just reserved a hotel for Matt's graduation. I hate doing that. It always makes me nervous. I wanted to get a hotel really close to the base but I didn't end up getting the one that I knew was the closest- it didn't look like it had an internet connection which my brother requires or he won't come with me. So the hotel we chose is 2.5 miles away and a friend of mine said that is sort of in the ghetto of San Antonio. Oops. The reviews online from people who went either raved or ranted. And thats always difficult to decide. I figured I'd trust the ones from this year- they all raved- because its possible the hotel updated all their bedding/towels etc and the people that ranted pretty much ranted about that. Anyway, I spent only about half of what I was expecting to spend as well. And that could either be a really good thing or the biggest mistake ever. Cheap hotels could be cheap because they need customers, because they are garbage or because you just happened to run into a good deal. Hopefully this is more along the lines of needing customers or a good deal. If the hotel is garbage all I can do is be glad that we paid only what we did. If the hotel is really good on the other hand, I may just feel like I got the best deal in the world. Honestly though, how much time are we going to spend in the hotel room? Probably not much. We'll probably be on base for much of two days and out and about eating and spending time together for the other two days. So as long as there is an internet connection for my brother it shouldn't matter how cheap it is. Oh, and there was a continental breakfast advertised. Its probably not nearly as good as the breakfast that Matt and I got before he went off to Basic- that breakfast was eggs, oatmeal, waffles, buscuits and gravy, toast, bagels, fruit, etc. They really went all out for a good breakfast there. This breakfast is probably a few muffins and some toast. But the room has internet. Have I said that yet? Thats pretty important. Lol.

1 comment:

Crystal and Billy said...

I loved the Riverwalk in San Antonio when I went with my family MANY years ago. Have fun!