Monday, March 16, 2009

What Matt does with his time

I read an article online yesterday about husbands who have been laid off during this recession. It seems that when the rcession hit in the 90s, hardly any of the household 'roles' changed and husbands did minimally more or even less around the house than when they were working. So the writer of this article decided to see if this is still the case. It seems not. For the most part (this is unproved) husbands and wives are adjusting their roles to include more 'chores' for the husbands when they get laid off of work.
I read this article outloud to Matt and he commented halfway through "You'd kill me if I didn't do anything!" So true, so true. So Matt's day is now filled with entertaining our daughter and doing chores while I take naps and do homework. Well, I do help with chores and Emmaline still too...But Matt being home feels like a much wanted vacation to me.
This is Matt doing the dishes...do you see the disgusted look on his face? Priceless...

No comments: