Monday, March 23, 2009

One of Those Days

Ever have one of those days that you wake up in the morning knowing that you have a hundred and one things to do and nothing planned so you can definately accomplish it all if you put your mind to it? Then instead of getting it done you take advantage of the quiet to turn the TV on to watch your favorite show(s) and then you fall asleep and then you decide to check all your emails and write a blog and surf Facebook for a while then you finally look at the clock and its almost dinner time but you've already wasted most of the day so you might as well go out to eat for dinner. Then lying in bed that night you think 'oh, well, there is always tomorrow!' Thats how every day of this past week has been. I actually sat down today to write out a list of everything that needs to be done before the semester ends on the 9th and its realy long with several really big projects. And I've had them every day last week but they are no more done today than they were at the begining of the semester. And every moment I procrastinate is a moment more of stress I'm piling on myself for next week when I'm finally down to the wire. I get to read Frankenstein. I was really excited about that at the begining of the semester but now that its to the point of the assignment, I'm not. I decided I wanted to know what we are doing with the book after we read it (some report or another I'm assuming) and you know what we are doing? We are writing one paragraph on one theme in the book that is still applicable today. Ugh. Can it get any more pathetic than that? This is a 300s level course at a university and we have to read this book just to identify one theme? I've gotten good enough at cheating over the past several years to know that all I have to do is look up the summary of the book in Wikipedia and I'll be able to identify one applicable theme. If I ever become an English teacher, I don't think anyone would ever pass my classes. I think I set the bar too high and too many college students are too lazy to reach it. But then again, I'm judging the book by the cover now, aren't I?

No comments: