Sunday, March 15, 2009

I need some help

So, as most of you already know, I'm trying to earn money to get to Washington for Melanie's Wedding in July. This is the letter I've sent everybody: Dear Family, Friends, Friends of Family and Family of Friends: My husband lost his job at the end of February. We were shocked and mentally unprepared. Luckily the Lord was watching out for us because we quickly figured out what our next step is and we are confident that we will be okay. But living off our savings means skimping and saving- something that everyone has to do at least once in their life. The problem is, we were literally days away from buying plane tickets to visit family for a wedding in the summer. We have missed a lot in my husband’s family lately because we live in a different state and we really don’t want to miss this wedding. Now that we have no income, I have a hard time justifying using our savings to travel. So I started thinking. I joined a business called Usborne Books and More last summer. When I sell a book, I get commission off of that purchase. Realizing that I could possibly earn enough money to send the family to Washington for my sister-in-law’s wedding made me giddy. But here’s the thing: it’s going to take a lot of work to earn enough money. I need your help! In order for me to get us to Washington, I need to earn $800. Could you help me by buying at least 3 books and getting your friends and family to buy 3 books? If I can find 130 people that are willing to buy only 3 books, I know I could make it! The benefit of this ‘scheme’ is that you aren’t ‘throwing your money away’ to some charity case. You are actually receiving an amazing product in return for helping me and my family create a memory. Usborne Books caries a large line of children’s educational books from infancy (bath books, cloth books and board books) all the way to preteen and teenager levels (chapter books, internet linked dictionaries etc). Take a moment to look through my website, choose few books that you think your kids (or your kids’ friends) would enjoy and help my family accomplish a dream. Don’t forget that books are unique, inexpensive gifts for birthdays, school achievement rewards and just because. www.ubah.com/HOS140617 Thank you so much for helping me out! If you have any questions or need any assistance with your order, please call me at 208-520-5900! Britta Beach Usborne Books and More Consultant Even if none of you can help, if you forward this letter onto a friend or other family member, someone else may be able to help. Other than Usborne, school is almost over, St. Patrick's day is almost here, Matt applied to UVSC on Friday, and Emmaline is now saying several different words. I wonder if I could get her to say them on camera...that would be fun!

No comments: