Saturday, March 21, 2009

My Magazine Assignment

I've been working on another magazine this semester- this one is called Hey You! The American Student. I wasn't too excited about the topic of the magazine and I voted for a magazine that would focus more on history but I was out voted and didn't feel like putting up a fight.
Anyway, we are a week and a half from the duedate and we are now working on the layout. I thought that I'd volunteer to do most of the textual layout and the other two in my group could work on colors, titles, ect, things that would make the magazine seem asthetically pleasing. I have gotten two of the three major sections completed and I'm proud of my work- and really excited to see the finished project.
I got an email from one of my groupmates asking why I used so many different layouts? (I used full page, two column and three column layouts because I thought the different look on each article was better than every article looking the same). Now I'm a bit confused...I hope that I actually did a good job and I'm not kidding myself. But its disappointing to recieve a negative comment on a project that I worked hard on and thought was amazing.
Oh well, again, I don't have the energy to put up a fight so if they want me to change everything I will. I'd rather get a grade for something thats mediocre than fight for something thats amazing. (Odd, because I usually would fight until I win but I'm just not that into things this semester).
Emmaline in a cute spring dress, enjoying her cup with a straw:

No comments: