Tuesday, March 24, 2009

2 Cute Stories

Of course as Emmaline gets older she is going to have more and more cute stories to tell. These two are precious and telling of the fact that she is growing up so fast!
So the other night Matt had gone to school around 4 and I needed to change her diaper. After I was done I got her dressed and sat on the floor in her room just watching her play. Emmaline walks up to the rocking chair and starts pulling her Sunday dress off. (Yes, I neglected to put away her clothing). I assumed that she wanted to climb onto the chair and was just 'making way' but instead she tried to push her head through the arm hole of the dress. Realizing that she wanted it on I asked "Do you want to wear your dress?" "Uh huh" So I put her dress on over her outfit. Next, she pulled the bum cover off the chair and started putting it on her head. I asked her again if she would like to wear it and again, helped her put it on. Finding another outfit still on the chair, she started trying to pull those clothes on as well. Then, she put her shoes on and a hat. So in total she was wearing: 3 shirts, 2 pair of pants, a dress, a bum cover, a hat and shoes.
My mom tells me of a story from when I was little. I loved my shirts and kept pulling on shirt after shirt after shirt until my little pudgy arms were almost sticking out. I rememberd this when Emmaline was getting dressed- Like Mother Like Daughter!
This is a picture without the hat on. you can't really tell she has tons of layers but you can see some.
The other cute story I had was about playing Peek-a-boo. She is getting really good at hiding behind her hands and occasionally I hear her ask "is it?" with her hands out like she is saying "Where is it?" So today, in her ever growing ability to play, she was in her carseat holding her cup. I heard her holler "Is it?" several times so I finally look back. She had stuck her sippy cup under one leg (she was obviously trying to hide it) and asking where it went. I played along with her several times as she lifted her leg up and pretended to find her cup!
I am increasingly amazed at how much she is learning and growing every day. Sigh. I wish she would slow down growing just a little.

No comments: