Saturday, December 5, 2009

Christmas Decorations!

Emmaline, Matt and I spent the evening decorating. Actually, I decorated, Emmaline got into the decorations and Matt sat on the phone eating sausage, cream cheese and crackers.
The tradition in our family has always been to put the tree up over the weekend after Thanksgiving (I was out of town so it was pushed to this weekend) while eating crackers and spreads and such. We generally listen to Christmas music and maybe drink some sparkling cider or something. Since Matt was in a different state we elected to not have him go AWOL but just listen to the comotion over the phone.
Yesterday Emmaline and I made some Christmas ornaments with grandma to put on the tree today. The bottom half of the tree holds all of Emmaline's ornaments while the top half holds all of my ornaments. Thats how it works. But honestly, the tree looks pretty good!
I was only disappointed to realize how few decorations we have. Each year Matt and I have elected not to buy decorations because of a lack of space to store anything. And I totally understand why we've done that. But I was disappointed to open the one Christmas box and find that most of the stuff in it went on the tree and not on the walls or counters. I hope next year we'll be in a position to buy stuff and actually store it.
So here is the tree!
Emmaline's 'half' with the ornaments we made yesterday!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Did the phone break when Matt sat on it?