Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Yes! Something to Do!

As you probably know, I have 3 (maybe 4 but I hope just 3) classes left till I get my Bachelor's degree. Last week I ordered two of those classes- text books should arrive today if they didn't get unduely delayed by yesterday's day off. They are both history classes. One class is called The American Family. Its a study of the family from the colonial times until now. Because America is such a melting pot of cultures we will be examining how those cultures influence today's family and how the family evolved. Interesting. The second class is Latin American History. That class is obviously about Latin America. I've never studied Latin America- I guess only briefly in Highschool. I remember having done a report on Colombia once in High School- Thats South America though, right? Eh. I guess its good I'm taking this class! The only thing I'm not interested in is Politics. I love Medieval History because although there were politics they were so much less complicated than American and modern politics. Latin America is quite in between the modern politics and the medieval politics- decidedly more complicated than a thousand years ago but maybe not quite as complicated as America. And I just realized I'm supposing that is true. From everything else that I know about world history I feel I'm making an educated guess but I very well may be totally wrong. I guess I'll let you know!

No comments: