Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

So here is a funny mother's day story:
Last night we were crawling into bed around 10pm when I decided I'd remind Matt about Mothers day. (For all you moms/wives, you understand how amazing it is to actually have them remember on their own...) He sort of stopped breathing then said 'I know'. I took that to mean that he hadn't done anything. I said, "well, its only 10. Good night." It took him a moment to pick up what I meant and even then he still asked "Do you want me to go to the store right now?" I ignored his question and a moment later he was getting out of bed to go to walmart.
He told me later that the store was filled with men and teenagers- a lot more than on a normal day. It was quite amusing to have him leave at 10pm to buy me something.
So this morning I woke up to Emmaline talking in bed and sort of kicked at Matt. He didn't respond. Then I said "Emmaline's awake" and he didn't respond. So for a few minutes I laid there wondering if I'd have to get her myself and if there was going to be breakfast in bed or not...
After that, the day has been nice. I ended up nudging Matt enough that he remembered and I laid around in bed for a while while he made food. I got eggs and strawberries for breakfast. He bought me 9 roses that look like a marbled red, a beautiful card and some pansie seeds. On Tuesday he'll bring home a flower pot that he made in Ceramics and that'll be my final present that I can put the pansie seeds into. I'm looking forward to that because I have the perfect place to put it.

No comments: