Saturday, June 6, 2009

I have been remiss

I appologize for my lack of updating recently. Unfortunaely when things start slowing down around here I seem to feel like nothing is happening. That is not the case and I need find reasons to update my blog- it might make life more interesting if I'm constantly looking for the next story! Emmaline is growing up and doing some of the cutest things. She has a very large vocabulary - enough words that I cannot list them. Every day I feel like she is saying something new! Her latest word is 'strawberry' which just happens to be her favorite food at the moment as well. Her favorite activity is reading. She has a few shelves of her own books and she is constantly pushing books at me saying 'read, read, read' until I finally do so. Sometimes its highly annoying (like when I'm on the computer and she pushes enough that the books land on the keyboard) but I'm proud of the fact that reading occupies much of her life. I hope that continues. Emmaline asleep in a cute new dress we found at Burlington Coat Factory (I love wandering that store!) Emmaline and Daddy chillin on the patio:
So, Matt's graduation. He was really cute in his robes

I tried downloading the video of Matt walking across the stage but after an hour of it trying to download, I abandoned the pursuit in favor of eating dinner.

As for me: I started another course- chiseling away at my remaining classes! This one is about the American Family from the colonial era to the present and my oh my is it interesting. Its so weird how economics, politics and religion have all had a hand in forming the family over the past four centuries. I never would have guessed at all this I'm studying.

I tried to create my own hanging baskets for tomatoes last week but they have so far been a failure. The plants have all had their leaves torn off or the stems broken because of mishandleing and even if they did survive, I doubt they would recover enough to produce fruit. So we'll either be ditching the effort or attempting again. I'm not sure which I'd prefer. I guess I'll let you know!

So something I'm excited for this summer: This area has free movies every week during the summer. I don't know if it extends beyond the St Louis area (it would be a great idea to check into). They are generally movies that you could find in the dollar theatre and may even be on DVD already but the bonus is that its the movie theatre experience for free and thats pretty cool. Of course they make all the money up with the snacks they sell. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing Coraline, Madagascar 2, Over the Hedge, Tale of Desperaux, Kung Fu Panda, Marley and Me and Hotel for Dogs. I have not seen any of those yet and they are also not movies that my parents have bought (so I could borrow from them). The only concern is Emmaline- I'm not so sure she'll be amenable to spending two hours in a theatre. But if I have to take her out, at least it was free!

So thats the bulk of the things going on around her. Besides all that there is the ever agonizing wait for Matt's job. I'm really really hoping that he'll get a call some time this next week but with my limited understanding of the way the military works he may not get a call for another 3 months and I wouldn't have any clue as to why.

No comments: