Monday, June 22, 2009

Beach Fun

Matt and I went with my mom and brothers to Nauvoo Illinois two weeks ago. There is a section called "Pioneer Passtimes" that has a bunch of games that pioneers used to play. There were a bunch of clothes that kids and adults could dress up in (isn't mom beautiful?), games such as the teddy bear on a rope (you can see it in the background) and there was even an entire log house built for kids to play in.
Mom dressed up as a pioneer woman...the color is so good on her!
Spencer decided to try his hand at carrying the water pails. He seemed to think it was easy- wonder what he'd think if there was actually water in there!
Emmaline enjoyed this area more than anyone else. She dressed up (somehow I didn't get a picture, just a video that after 2.5 hours of trying to download I deleted instead. Sorry.), played in the log cabin and rode the horse and sheep. She has never had more fun at a playground.
This is a picture that I loved (I know, another book picture!). She was pulling each book off the shelf and flipping through a few pages then tossing it aside until she had gone through a lot of books. And I couldn't help but take pictures. (If you notice, she doesn't have any pants. She is going through a pants strike lately. And since she knows how to take them off herself, its pretty much a waste of time to chase her around putting them back on).
And this picture...This is a dress that I wore when I was two. I think I got pictures taken in that dress as well. Emmaline looks so much like me and so different at the same time but I think its pretty cool that she is wearing one of my dresses.
This is my garden. I would love to have garden boxes or beds or something but in the condo we have limited capabilities. These planters are really common in our complex and you have probably seen them around before. Traditionally they are for tomatoes but the box also mentioned several other veggies that you can plant in them. So we have one tomatoe plant in each and its sharing with either a bell pepper or a zucchini plant. I don't remember which plant is which so when they finally start bearing fruit we'll be nice and surprised.
We've also taken advantage of the movies lately. Last week we saw Kung Fu Panda (way way better than I thought it would be) and Tale of Desperaux. Emmaline was great for both, only getting really fidgety toward the end where, obviously, she was loosing interest. Thats not to say she watched the movies. In fact, she probably watched no more than 10 minutes of the entire thing but lap-hopped most of the time.
This week I was meaning to take Emmaline to the some story time at the Library but I forgot to call and sign her up. So we'll be hanging at home most of the week. I don't think we are going to see any movies- Stuart Little 3 is playing and I am not really interested in seeing it. Its supposed to be in the 90s every day this week and today the humidity is around 75% so we probably won't be going out much. I'll have to be creative to keep her occupied all week.

No comments: