Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Play Time (mostly for Christy)

This week has been a blast because two of my sister's kids have been over. My sister is in process of transition from Utah back here to Missouri and sent two of her three kids ahead to make things easier on all involved. I've had the pleasure of watching them during the day while my mom is in school.
Here is what we've been doing:
Sadly, this is the only pic I got for Monday. Andrew loves these sunglasses but for some reason can't figure out how to put them on right. We also played with playdough, Hundry, Hungry Hippo and explored all the toys in Emmaline's room.
We made noise makers (at first I called them instruments but changed that after I realized they aren't...they are just noise!) and danced to Disney music. The kids got to color the paper plates before we folded them up. Andrew didn't like coloring so his got a few crayon marks. Carolyn really enjoyed coloring a boarder on her plate and using brown and purple. Emmaline asked for help coloring flowers and really liked using purple. After the noise makers got old the kids started spinning on the floor. It was comical- I wish I had a video instead of just pictures.
Emmaline gets such a kick out of kicking her feet in the air and Carolyn quickly followed suit. They say 'Wiggle Wiggle' over and over until they get tired.
The kids also played 'Ring Around the Rosie' which was fun to watch because it was self initiated. This picture is funny to me because of the three kids. Carolyn obviously is oldest and therefore more capable of moving around quickly. Andrew, being not quite two was sort of stumbling and dragging after the two girls. So when Carolyn yelled 'Down!' She sort of pulled Emmaline down and made it very dramatic! Emmaline of course just fell down, not quite understanding the point of the drama yet but Andrew tumbled, rolled and finally came to a stop laughing so hard! It was very enjoyable to see them all having so much fun together. Yesterday Andrew decided his favorite thing was going to be wearing Emmaline's shoes around. Part of me wanted to tell him 'no, Andrew! you're a boy!' but then I decided it really didn't matter. So he's enjoyed wearing 'pretty shoes' a few times this week.
Also yesterday I helped the kids make a tent. The girls enjoyed reading their books under the tent. I think Andrew only ever looked under the blankets, I dont' think he ever actually went inside. I feel like we are constantly eating with two more kids around. With just Emmaline I put her snack in a sandwich bag or small tupperware and send her off to eat while she plays. But with three kids I feel more like I need them all sitting down to eat. So we have two snacks and lunch- all two hours apart. So far they've all enjoyed the snacks (I'm not trying to give them bressel sprouts or anything :) which makes life so much easier!Hopefully plans for the rest of the week go as I am expecting them to. Some point during the week we'll play with puppets, we'll string beads and we'll color. And hopefully we are all still on one piece by the time Christy arrives here!

1 comment:

Jenne said...

Sounds like your having as much fun as the kids. Your a great mom and aunt. The pictures are great and I know Matt will enjoy seeing Emma playing/interacting with her cousins. Have fun for the rest of the week.