Sunday, January 3, 2010

Its amazing how boring life is when my other half suddenly isn't here. I put Emmaline down to bed with the express purpose of vegging in my room and watching Stargate (season 2 since Matt and I watched season 1 while he was here). It turns out that the DVD player in my computer doesn't work and I'll have to buy an external DVD drive if I ever want to put any DVD or CD in. So I borrowed my parent's TV (we put ours in storage becuase of lack of space and figuring that I could watch movies on my laptop) and popped in a DVD. Then I realized that I don't have a remote. That means that I can watch the first episode on the disk by repeatedly pressing play but I can't get to any of the other episodes. I've already watched the first episode. So I'm online but I already took time today to check all my email, the headlines on Yahoo and MSN as well as everyone's blogs and facebook statuses and the update on how my baby is doing on pregnancy.com. What to do online when everything I usually do is done? If Matt were here we'd play a card game or board game. Or we'd read. Or cuddle. Or clean. Or just talk. But the point is that I wouldn't be bored because Matt would be here keeping me occupied. On a side note. Emmaline is sleeping in her 'big girl bed' today! The first time I put her on the mattress on the floor (before we even got the bunk bead) she freaked out. Like, screaming her head off and pounding on the door to be let out sort of freaking out. And once we got the bed she enjoyed playing on it but any time I gave her the option of sleeping there she opted for the crib instead. No biggy. I have 4 months to get her into the big bed. But today she asked to take her nap on the bed and I said yes, figuring she'd chicken out and climb into the crib and she didn't! She slept for 2 hours in the bunk bed and when it came time for bed tonight, there was no question about the crib. She climbed into the bunk bed and cuddled up in her blankets. Its crazy how big she is getting. I don't really want her to keep growing yet I love seeing her learn new things. It'll be good to have a baby in the house again.

No comments: