Friday, January 22, 2010

Rock-in-roll

Family Updates
Baby moves a lot! This morning I was actually seeing my tummy jump. I tried to have Emmaline feel the baby kicking but she didn't really understand why her hand was on my tummy... I'm now almost 26 weeks and I've started on the every two week appointments. Today's wasn't the best in the world, the doctor made me wait 45 minutes just to have my tummy measured and listen to the heartbeat! Ayayay. I know they are doctors but really? Really? 45 minutes? My appointment was only an hour after the office opened, being that late already seems weird... On better notes: My sister's kids are coming to live with my mom for a few weeks and then she'll arrive after she gets things in Utah taken care of. I get the honor of babysitting MWF while my mom is doing some classes for school. I'm looking forward to having something to keep me occupied and busy. Right now I feel bored half the day! I'm glad that Emmaline will get a chance to spend time with her cousins before we move to Guam. And I'm glad Emmaline will get to interact with other kids on a more regular basis as well. Its all around a good situation!
Pregnancy Moments
1. I dropped the container of fish food after feeding the fish. It spilled all down the back of the tank! Luckily it landed right side up so it didn't all spill out!
2. I droped the sugar shaker in my malto-meal! I had to take it all apart and clean it all and let it dry before putting sugar back in it. I felt pretty silly.
3. I tried grabbing the butter out of the fridge and dropped the container three times before I was able to get a firm grip on the tub!
4.
Emmaline's Obsessions
Generally having kids who put things back in the exact right spot is a blessing but not when it causes melt downs, tantrums and other issues because she can't do something exactly like she wants to. I'm hoping this is just a phase.
1. The other night Emmaline climbed out of bed and came into the living room because she remembered one toy she forgot to put away. She cried until I came and opened the closet so she could put the toy away.
2. Emmaline has to have her blankets and dolls in the exact right position before she goes to bed. If her blanket is upside down or her dolls are on the wrong side of her, she'll cry until you help her fix it.
3. I tossed a kleenex into the garbage can as I was leaving my bedroom and it landed next to the can (Kleenexes don't fly well). I had to drag her out of the room as she was saying 'fix it! fix it!' over and over. Its just a kleenex! Don't worry about it!
4. When Matt was home he helped her brush her teeth. He put the tooth brush holder back on the counter (after letting her grab her tooth brush out of it) and put it on the wrong place on the counter. Emmaline freaked and tried to tell him it was wrong. Unfortunately Matt didn't understand what she was saying and that one became quite the melt down.
Life around here is entertaining to say the least!

No comments: