Friday, February 13, 2009

I'm a Mean Aunt

I'm a mean Aunt. And I have proof. 1. I babysat Carolyn the other day. She was sent with a snack- fishy crakers, animal crackers, rasins and fruitsnacks in a trail mix style. Since Emmaline and Carolyn are so close in age, they get cranky over what eachother have that they don't. So I searched through my cupboard for fruitsnacks to give Emmaline. All I could find was a halloween candy of sorts that was no longer squishy but hard. I knew that Emmaline would have a hard time chewing those snacks so I took Carolyn's fruitsnacks, gave them to Emmaline and dumped the hard(er) candies in Carolyn's bag. I know I know, how mean! But Carolyn didn't know the difference, they both got what they wanted and I had no choking.

Carolyn- about 2 1/2 2. Sometimes I get headaches during the day and all I want to do is sleep. When Julia is over I can't really do that unless I know she is having her rest time too. So sometimes I have her start her rest time, work on the computer for another half hour (or putz around cleaning or something) then decide I want a nap too. Julia's nap time is only ever an hour but when I fall asleep, I make her stay on the couch for an hour and a half sometimes- and she still thinks its rest time! I know! Thats horrible of me! Making her have a longer rest time just because I'm tired is mean. What can I say? Julia- about 5 1/2

3. I popped popcorn yesterday in front of my nieces and didn't let them have any. I was snacky and wanted to eat popcorn. Their snack time was in 15 minutes and I could have waited that long but instead I popped the popcorn, sat down in front of them and proceeded to chow down on it. Now, I did give them a few pieces but only a few. And when I was done, I got them their snack. Can you imagine? Being 2 years old, smelling popcorn, watching someone else eat it and only getting 3 pieces for yourself? Thats got to be torture! 4. I made Julia go to the bathroom while Carolyn was in there. Talk about a lack of privacy! Carolyn needed to go so I sent her in. Just as Carolyn was flushing the toilet, Julia realizes that she desparately needed to go- so much so I was afraid she'd pee her pants. So I sent her into the bathroom while Carolyn was washing her hands. I didn't want to let Carolyn leave the bathroom without washing- so the two of them had a little sister bonding time.

No comments: