Friday, July 20, 2012

Adoption and Journals

Gabriella Lynn
Thursday, July 19 will go down in history in our family.  We went for Gabriella's placement hearing, which turned out to be the finalization of her adoption instead!  Don't ask how I completly misunderstood, I still don't really know.  But everything legal is done and over with and Gabriella is now ours!  We'll be getting the paperwork done for her name change as soon as the paperwork circuits through the courts and makes its way back to us! 

I snapped this picture in the parking lot on the way to our car.  At that point we were still letting it sink in that everything was over. 

Emmaline Lucille

The fact that I have to go off island to have the baby and the fact that I can't take Emmaline with me are sinking in.  Today I found this paper that she wrote during rest time.  She'd requested a pencil, grabbed paper and wrote this all without me asking her too or asking how to spell anything. 

Where I'm really proud of her, I also feel sad that our leaving has warrented her writting about us.  It must be hitting her hard.

It says " I love you too but I am not feeling well but I write well".  And the flip side says "I am a big sis  My mommy has my sisters but my dad has me [when] my sisters leave".

I have cried every day about leaving her behind but the more Matt and I talk about the situation the more we realize that her staying here really is the best option for everyone involved.  She may not have me around, but she will get her dad's undivided attention, which I'm hoping will make up for my absence. 

No comments: