Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Her Name :)

So, from the time we found out about the existance of our baby girl, I wanted to name her Gabriella Lynn. Once we were told for-sure that the adoption was going to happen, I was excited to use this name- super excited! Except I also wanted to use a portion of her birth name as a sort of memorial to who she is and who gave birth to her. That gave rise to the name Gabriella Lynnsie instead. But for some reason, it wasn't working.

And then the birth mother said that she'd thought a lot about the name Anna during her pregnancy and because of issues with her boyfriend not liking the name, she never did figure out a way to use the name. So she asked kindly that we consider using the name Anna. So we went back to the drawing board and decided that we really liked the idea of going with Gabrielle Anna-Lynn. But! When running the name idea past some very unbiased acquaintances, someone suggested a change. And the change stuck and it fits our baby girl so perfectly- the birth mother even thinks so too.

So, we'd like to announce, that we've chosen to name our baby:

Gabrianna Lynn Beach!

She will still have her birth name legally until the adoption papers go through, but we are calling her Gabby or Gabrianna already.

We chose this name a little over a week ago and there hasn't been any more waffling, so I feel its safe to actually announce it. I love that the name adds what we loved to what the birth mother loved on top of a family name. It all just fits so perfectly.

We are all doing well here. I have bonded with the baby well, although it seems strange at times she's already 2 months old. But I don't feel like I missed anything in those first 2 months, I feel like things happened exactly how they were supposed to. I'm going to be happy to get her back home and start living life again!

2 comments:

gracie said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you. I'm a little behind on my blog reading, so the last thing I had read was the teaser! How wonderfully awesome for your family! She's absolutely beautiful!

rychelle said...

Yay! You are awesome and amazing!! Congrats. I hope you get to be with your husband soon. I love the name!!