Thursday, February 10, 2011

Off to Guam!

The night before we were to fly off to Guam, the first of many huge snow-storms blew in. It was bad enough that our 2 car caravan turned into one car. We had to put some of our bags in a car-top carrier and say good-bye to my mom at home rather than at the airport. It snowed about a foot over night:
It took us a little longer to get to the airport but we got there in plenty of time. We even boarded the airplane on time! The problem came with the hour+ it took to de-ice the airplane. We ended up landing in Housten about 10 minutes before our plane was supposed to take off. We were lucky enough that they actually held the plane for us. So after a sprint through the entire airport (it took 15 minutes to run to the other end of the airport, including getting on a tram...), we boarded the plane.
I sat next to the girls and Matt sat two rows ahead of us. I felt slightly jipped not being able to sit next to Matt but it worked out well enough.
We had about an hour layover in Hawaii- gorgeous!
There ended up being a man on the flight from Hawaii to Guam who had a health problem. We ended up turning the plane around after taxiing all the way to the other side of the flight line. That put us back about an hour but the guy ended up getting the medical help he needed.
We landed in Guam after the sun had set, which was disappointing. I'd have loved to see the entire island from the air. The next morning Matt and I were able to get up and sit on the patio to watch the sunrise.
I'm so glad to be here with my family all together. Its been a wonderful few weeks and I know it'll be an amazing few years!

3 comments:

Christal Harding said...

I pointed to the picture of your view from the hotel out to Greg... he said that he didn't even want to see it because we are sitting here bundled up in blankets freezing our you know whats off! lol!
On the weather forecast they had a heart on the 14th because of the holiday~ I say they put the heart there because its supposed to be 53. Now that is love~!

Crystal and Billy said...

Beautiful beach for the Beaches!

Laura said...

I am jealous of the snow. Not even kidding--it doesn't feel like winter here at all and it's UTAH!

I'm jealous of the pool, too. The only time I like going swimming is when I'm pregnant...gain less weight that way. ;)