Thursday, April 15, 2010

Okay, so obviously countdown lists get outdated very quickly. Within 24 hours I guess ;) I went for a doctor appointment today and everything is still going okay. She measured me at 38cm (perfect) and Lottie's heart beat was so clear it was startling. It was a little faster than normal but nothing the doctor worried about. She did do a check to see if I was dilated and I'm not. Not even close. Part of me is very relieved, the other part of me is disappointed. I mean, I'm having all these braxton hicks, they should be doing something! But I REALLY don't want the baby to show up before Matt gets here and I'd be on edge during every contraction wondering if she was going to pop out before her daddy gets here if I was already dilating. So I think I'm good with not for right now. Next week may be a different question though. I've been talking to Emmaline a lot about when the baby comes. Now that its so close I figure we can go into things like what she'll do when the baby comes (stay with grandma or a friend) and how she can help take care of the baby. We used one of her dollies to talk about how to hold a little baby and she loved that. We also discussed things that little babies can't do that Emmaline can- like talking, walking, sleeping by herself, etc. I have tried to convey the fact that babies cry when they need something but I think it'll still be a shock for her to have a crying baby around. I haven't even started talking about how babies eat...I'm not sure I want to go there until I absolutely have to! I had a friend tell me that her daughter started pretending to feed her baby dolls the same way mommy nursed her brother...I'm sure it'll make for some interesting stories! We'll get there when it matters I guess. So, Emmaline is ready, the clothes are ready, her baby book is getting filled in, I'm tired of being pregnant...at this point all we are waiting for is MATT! Then everything will be ready and we can add another member to our family!

No comments: