Friday, July 23, 2010

What have we been up to?

Swimming!
A good friend of mine, Mrs Tracy, invited Emmaline and I to go swimming at her pool. I took her up on the offer because there is no way I can see taking a 3 month old and a 3 year old to the pool at the same time, by my self. I was worried about Emmaline because she typically hates water at home. She refuses to let me wash her hair because she hates getting her face wet! But when swimming with Mrs Tracy, she did amazing. She still didn't want to get her face wet but after about an hour she stopped clinging to Mrs. Tracy!
Lottie got her feet wet but otherwise I just kept her with me- mostly in the shade. She looks adorable with this little bonnet on.
The Magic House- Children's Museum
My mom and I took Andrew, Emmaline and Lottie to the Magic House. We bought a membership which normally cost 100$ for two adults and four kids. We ended up buying the same membership, adding an extra adult, for only 55$! Thank you Matt for being in the military. I love the discounts!
Emmaline and Andrew sitting in a plexiglass window box. This is the opening to a secret stairway that was found in this house when it was renovated into the museum. The house was originally built in 1905 and was turned into a museum in 1979. A window washer was counting windows when he realized that there was one less window on the inside than the outside. That launched an investigation where they ended up finding this stair way that had been boarded over. Pretty cool, huh?
This has to be my favorite picture of the trip. Something very interesting about it...
What Else?
Apparently this is how we play with side-walk chalk at our house...

No comments: