Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A week later...

Its been a week exactly (even to the hour!) since Matt told me he is off to Korea for a year. My last post was a bunch of whining and being disappointed about the whole situation. Although I'm still way way disappointed about the whole situation I'm actually feeling a lot better. Its really a lot better for me to be staying here anyway, for a lot of reasons. But for the first several days my heart and mind were at severe odds. Good reasons to stay: 1 Selling our condo right now would more than likely result in us loosing $10,000+ because of the market. 2 I don't have to worry about changing doctors and finding friends to help with babysitting Emmaline and all the post-birth needs. 3. I don't need to change phone carriers, have my furniture fixed before the we go out of the warrenty area (touch ups), forward my subscriptions, cancel my memberships, worry about keeping my house clean every moment or make sure I'm packing away stuff that I need to have go with us rather than shipped. I think its going to suck big time not having Matt with me but having actually accepted the fact I'm able to push emotion aside at times and just do what needs to be done. And I know that when he comes home after the year it'll be like we just got married all over again. We'll be twitterpated and giddy just to see eachother every morning. I think I'll take a few vacations this year as well...I don't want to put life on hold just because Matt's gone. I may even take the cruise that I wanted for our 5 year anniversary with Emmaline and the baby. I dont know, that may be pushing it. We'll see.

1 comment:

Crystal and Billy said...

Take that cruise! The ship staff will do EVERYTHING for you. It'd be a nice break.