Friday, July 17, 2009

Birthday Blues

My birthday is on Sunday. I'm going to be turning 24 years old. I don't care that I'm having a birthday. I had one of those moments a few days ago that I said 'holy crap!' about my age, but it wasn't because I'm old. I realized how freakin young I am- and I'm married with a mortgage and a baby. Most girls my age are still bouncing around in college, doing the dating scene, and traveling the world. This year I'm only having a small family party because I'm not really in the mood to do too much celebrating. Maybe next year I'll throw a big bash for turning 25 and invite all my new friends and eat cake. Lots of cake. But this year I'm content with something small.

2 comments:

Rucinski Family said...

Happy Birthday on Sunday! :)

Crystal and Billy said...

Happy Birthday, Britta! We'll have to party hard next year when you celebrate the big 25.