Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Melancholy

Things here aren't going the best. Not that anything else has gone wrong, its just a matter of dealing with the things that are happening. I love Matt being home all the time but it causes other issues such as who does the dishes or changes Emmaline's diaper. And somehow, even though he manages to be gone only a few hours a night for class, I manage to have my most needy moments while he is gone and can't do anything. That leads into the other issue with Matt being home all the time- I think I'm getting far to dependant on him and when he finally goes back to work, I will have some serious issues. Emmaline hasn't learned very many new words but we have heard her string some words together. Stuff like 'ba, go?' (Where did the ball go?). She asks for her shoes all the time (we may need a bigger closet when she grows up!) by saying 'choo!' I don't think she can say the shh sound so it comes out ch instead. We are gearing up for her first Easter. Last year she was too young to do anything but this year we are going to have her look for eggs. She has a cute Easter dress, hat and bows and we are piecing together an Easter basket. Thats difficult. I'd rather focus on the religious side of Easter than on the presents side of it but how do you do baskets without putting all the candy and presents and such in it? So, still working out the kinks. I know my mom has picked up some unnamed things to put in her basket and I got some fruit snacks and I'll buy her a necklace/bracelet set as well. Hopefully it'll be fun without being overwhelming. Matt is doing some cool stuff in his ceramics class. He made me a really tall vase and the glaze turned out SO well. Thats always my least favorite part of clay, the glaze. Things rarely turn out as well as I want them to when I glaze them. But this turned out so beautifully. He is also making some fun things- a few piggy banks, a ceramic castle, a sphinx. He has to come up with two more projects to make and I'm not yet sure what he is going to do. I suggested a planter box but one of the size I want would be too big for the kiln. So we'll see I guess. We are plugging away at keeping things in order here...dealing with a lot of post-employment issues as well as school and a few other things. Each individually is fine and easy enough to deal with but all together, things are a bit overwhelming. Hopefully next time I write there will be something good to report.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I know that things are tough adjusting to the new circumstances, but it sounds like you still had good things to report. Emmaline's cute "choo". And of course Easter goodies and ceramics goodies. All of which are very exciting. Hope adjustments don't take too long!