Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Last Week

This is the last week of school. I have one big paper that is 75% done and another paper that is not yet started. And then a final that I've only gone over half the study guide for. But the big paper and the final aren't due until Thursday and the other not-yet-started paper is due Wednesday midnight. So I have some time. After this week, I have some IS classes that need to be done but I've decided that I will do no homework unless Emmaline is in bed. I am so tired of feeling like I need to work so much that I don't get time with her so I've promised myself that I won't do any homework while she is awake. It'll take longer to get the classes finished but I think my sanity and my relationship with my daughter will benifit in the long run. I am creating a list of books that I have to read as soon as I'm done with my degree. Over the past two years I've put off reading almost everything non school related (and I'm ashamed to admit that includes Twilight- I've been chastised severely) and I need to do a lot of catching up. If you have any ideas of great books that you feel I just have to read because I'm missing out, please let me know. Do keep in mind that I love historical fiction, fairy tales retold, and very light science fiction. Classics are good too- I'm going to finish the rest of Jane Austen's books that I haven't read, Great Expectations (I'm half way through and have been reading it over the past two years), and Dracula. I was told that one was really good. I'll have to put several pictures in my next post because there haven't been any on the last few. You deserve pictures for being so diligent in reading all my 'musings'. Thank you.

No comments: