Friday, January 16, 2009

Procrastination is an Art form

To Procrastinate is to put off intentionally the doing of something that should be done. But, the art of procrastination is putting things off that should be done while LOOKING like you are actually doing something that needs to be done. So, for instance, this blog. Of course, sitting at the computer all day is what I do. So when someone looks over and sees me typing frantically they think 'oh, still working on homework'. BUT, I am actually working on updating my blog. And, if they are presumptuous enough to ask me what I'm doing, I can say, 'oh, I'm discussing the word procrastination!' and they think, 'must be some weird English Major thing she is doing.' Little does anyone know that I actually am doing what I'm discussing and putting off doing what needs to be done. So the ART of procrastination involves the talent and abilities of making others think that you are not one to procrastinate. Have I succeeded?

2 comments:

Laura said...

I am definitely convinced that you are not doing what you are supposed to be doing.

Christal Hanson Eccles said...

oh brother... or sister!~