Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Space Needle

Matt and I went on the coolest date last week!  We got reservations at the Space Needle for dinner!  It was incredible.  I've never been to a 'fancy' restaurant and I kept trying to act like I didn't feel out of place.  We arrived before our table was ready so we went up to the observation deck to get some good pictures:


I didn't take any pictures of our dinner, I didnt think you'd be interested!  But we had a very interesting Mozzarella appetizer that I've been craving since we tried it.  There was a chunk of freshly made mozzarella in the center of the plate surrounded with fresh cherry tomatoes, roasted tomatoes, some sort of meat, olives, and spinach. By itself the mozzarella cheese was so so but with the stuff on the side it was So Amazing.  Mouth watering just thinking about it!

Matt ended up having a Tuna plate that was incredibly fancy and I had some chicken with an artichoke that I've never seen before.  Oh, and we had something called a Mt Rainier for a drink... it had chocolate and some hazelnut and some Irish cream...and it was also amazing.  We were planning on having dessert but after the dinner, there simply was no room. Again, my mouth is watering!


This is just a fun picture of the Space Needle that Matt got while we were waiting.  

And the best picture is:


I was completely joking about this picture.  I turned to Matt and said "Wouldn't it be funny if I could get a picture holding the space needle?" And he got down and some how I managed to be in the exact right place for the picture to look perfect!  Also, its a pretty good shot of my ever growing belly!

The night was amazingly fun.  We managed to not talking about the kids or being pregnant all night long.  We managed to enjoy a fancy restaurant where I couldn't even understand half of what was on the menu, and we managed to get some fantastic pictures in the bargain!


No comments: