Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Weekend Getaway

Matt and I escaped for a weekend getaway from the girls. It was fun, sorta. Let me tell you about it!
We took off on Thursday night and went to our hotel. It was a crappy hotel but I could tell they tried, which gave them bonus points. The weirdest thing was the only soap they gave in the room was a liquid hand soap dispenser in the shower...
We went off to dinner the first night and then enjoyed watching Twilight together. Friday we figured we'd sleep in (no kids to wake us, right?) But no... there were, what sounded like, a herd of talking elephants running up and down the hallway. I'm pretty sure it was just college boys getting ready to go surfing or something.
We walked a little bit on the beach (a lot more romantic without the little ones!) and then took a stroll up and down the Tumon strip. There were so many Gucci and similar stores that I seriously think I saw more money than I ever have in my life during that walk. We also took a walk through the aquarium- which was pretty fun.
This was the coolest part of the entire aquarium!!
This statue of Kamahamaha was in the lobby of one of the stores we wandered through. Matt wanted pictures because I guess this God was in Dragon-Ball-Z or something. I just thought it was funny. This God, it was claimed, was responsible for uniting all the Hawaiian islands under one kingdom. We enjoyed having time away from the girls and not feeling rushed or needed or anything. Now, the 'sorta' part of my original statement- I got sick on Friday night. I got a yucky stomach ache and I couldn't figure out what it came from at all. It took me until about 3am for it to finally go away enough I could fall asleep and then the elephants woke us up again at 630. We didn't get the last few hours we wanted on Saturday morning because I was just too weak to enjoy anything.
We went home, unpacked, and picked up the girls. I missed them so much! Lottie literally looked like she grew in the short day and a half since I'd seen her! It was so nice to have time with my husband but it was also so nice to see my girls and be together as a family again!

No comments: