Sunday, June 26, 2011

Some Things I'd Like to Brag About

First, I'd like to brag about my banana bread. You have never tasted banana bread this good, unless I've already shared my recipe with you. I collect bananas for a few months, throwing the ones that get too old to eat into the freezer. When the tupperware gets full, that means I have plenty of bananas to make a triple batch of my yummiest bread. Matt raves over this bread and even had the thought that I could sell it for a nice profit. Unfortunately, there are rules against selling things on base... and I had to shoot that idea down. But mark my words, it would have been a thriving business...its that good. Next, I'd like to brag about my new tea set. There is a little gift shop on base that collects goods from all over the Asian area and everything is priced so nicely. While browsing for some gifts for family, I came across this gem. Its the perfect colors for my kitchen and I love the little flower pattern on it. When I found out that the entire set- including the tray underneath, could be purchased for 30$, I nearly jumped for joy. It was wrapped up and we took it home immediately! I've really enjoyed having this treasure sitting on my counter, I get a surge of excitement every time I look at it! Anyone up for a tea party? I'll make some of my banana bread :) Of course, I can't have a brag post without talking about my family. Matt has been amazing these last 5 months since he came home. Matt is always looking for ways to hep with the girls and help make my stress level go down. Just yesterday he cleaned the entire high chair AND the floor underneath it just because he heard me complaining about how Lottie always puts her dirty hands on the sides of the chair and drops her food on the floor. And the other day, I complained about the rocking chair in the living room just not quite fitting and he took it upon himself to clean our bedroom enough to put the rocking chair next to the bed instead.
Now for Emmaline. Emmaline loves our family so much. She loves to learn and is learning Really fast. She already can write the entire upper case alphabet and is working on her lower case letters. She loves to dance and will turn the music on the keyboard on and let it play forever while twirling around the living room. She is eager to help and will jump up and say 'yes ma'am!' when I ask her to help clean the living room or her playroom. I love her hugs the most. She'll 'squeeze!' so tight and when she does, I can feel how much she loves me!
Lottie is such a spirited child. She doesn't talk nearly as much as Emmaline does and she doesn't know as much sign language as Emmaline ever learned (yet)- but Lottie is amazing in so many other ways. She is so brave and has learned to climb up every piece of furniture in our house. She rarely cries when she falls down but jumps right back up and keeps going. She loves to laugh and will get into playing games of peek-a-boo with anyone sitting still. Every morning she cranes her neck to see on top of the bunk bed to see if Emmaline is still awake and then climbs up my shoulder in excitement when she sees her sister. Lottie is very affectionate and has learned to give hugs and kisses.
I'm so blessed to be here with my family- I have two amazing daughters and a perfect husband who I wouldn't trade for the world. Isn't it always amazing what the Lord can do for us in our lives, especially when we never would have thought about it for ourselves? He has done more for me than I could have ever asked for.

No comments: