Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Itinerary

Monday 745am- pile into car, head to mom's 815am- load into mom's car, head to airport 1045am- take off! We'll land in Seattle at 2:50 (local time) with a layover in Denver We get to wait around in the USO for a while until boarding time for flight to Japan Tuesday 1am- take off from Seattle to Japan (12 hour flight) Wednesday 12 noon- arrive in Kunsan with a layover in Osan (2ish hours from Japan to Osan, 1.5 hours from Osan to Kunsan) We'll be traveling a total of 38 hours and a 14 hour time difference. I have three suitcases, a playpen, three carryons, 2 carseats, a stroller and two children. The only time I have to deal with baggage on my own is in Seattle- and I plan on getting one of those spiffy carts that I always thought were for the weak (judgemental any? lol). It'll be an adventure for sure. Hopefully I have enough fruitsnacks, coloring books and toys to keep Emmaline busy and hopefully all three of us will get some sleep! We'll see you on the flip side!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is sooo cool that you get to go to Japan! but I totally feel for ya trying to get there. I have flown a lot while Daisy was little back and forth from NC to WA with layovers all over the place, while lugging carryons and strollers. NOT fun. And I only had one kid. Do you have a portable DVD player? That was a life-saver for sure! Good luck!

Laura said...

We're praying for you!

Crystal and Billy said...

Good luck, Britta. I hope you have an easier time than expected. Here's hoping!