Monday, May 24, 2010

Day is Done

Matt took off this morning for Korea. As soon as I got in the car after hugging him good bye Emmaline said 'Daddy come back!' and throughout the car ride she kept asking 'are we going to get our daddy?' Although she was very sad, and said so a few times, she did spontaneously tell me at one point 'its going to be okay, mommy'. That sounded like an angel wispered those words right into her ear and they popped out her mouth. Its going to be okay, mommy. I did well enough, crying only a little bit while watching him walk away and for a few minutes in the car before I drove away. I also got teary when both girls fell asleep for nap time and I realized I was really alone now. Sigh. I'll probably cry myslf to sleep tonight too... Matt is due to arrive in Korea Tuesday morning at 9:15ish, our time, but it'll be nearly midnight with the time change. Because of that we wont get to talk until Wednesday morning. Some of you may have caught the news about the North/South tensions right now. Obama just told the American troops in Korea to be ready- and Matt believes that means he may walk into some 12 hour days or continuous alerts. I guess I'll know on Wednesday. If war does happen (all the reports I've read say thats unlikely though) Matt'll be on the front lines helping to build bombs. He's assured me that doesnt put him in any danger. But I guess I still hope it doesnt escalate into war regardless. Here starts the countdown until we can be a complete family again: 37 weeks.

2 comments:

Laura said...

It's like being pregnant. In 37 weeks, you get to add another person to your family! Except this person can already walk and talk and doesn't regularly throw up on you.

Crystal and Billy said...

You're doing good, Britta. Hang in there.