Tuesday, November 18, 2008

It never ends, does it?

I put Emmaline's hair up in a pony tail today. Generally I put two little ones on the top of her head but today I wanted to be adventurous and put only one towards the back of her head. Most of her hair isn't long enough so its sticking straight up. Its pretty amusing. I have a ginormous paper due in a week and two days (its 15 pages long) and I'm at a road block. Which is pretty pathetic since I've only written a page and a half. My biggest problem is that I can't find the particular data that I need. I went to the library but rather than pointing me to helpful books, the librarian tried to show me how to use the internet. So, a waste of a few hours. I did find one book but honestly, I could have written it. And its not helping. Maybe I don't know my topic well enough (I really don't ) but I don't understand how the US can let in 200,000 refugees a year during and after WWII but over a 7 year period, only 400,000 people enter the US. As you can tell, I'm writing about refugees. So basically, either I'm pretty stupid and I can't understand the literature (highly unlikely) or the writer of this book doesn't even understand what he's writing. But that's pretty unlikely too. Other than writing this horrible paper, I've been babysitting, selling books, planning Christmas parties and trying to keep my house clean. You would think my life would be interesting but I'm so caught up in getting things done that it isn't. I'm so looking forward to a year from now when school is over and I can focus on some more important things- like my family. Goal until next time: stop and enjoy what is going on as it happens. Its not going to rewind so I can watch again.

No comments: