Sunday, May 6, 2012

Thursday

Thursday  we took a trip to a beach we havent been to before.  Turns out, we really should have found a way to come here earlier! It was a perfect beach for our family.  The water was shallow for hundreds of feet before the reef and had so many fish that would swim around our feet.  We all loved it.

I've discovered that there is something about being at the beach that completely relaxes me.  I find that I can't think of any of my problems while I'm out there.  All I hear is the sound of the waves, all I feel is the breeze on my face, all I see is the deep blues of the water and the ocean meeting in the distance.  All I feel is peace.  Add to that the fact that I get to watch my children and husband having so much fun and every trip to the beach becomes a mini piece of heaven.






Gabriella loves putting anything in her mouth that she possibly can.  Its quite annoying at home when I have to keep everything off the floors, but at the beach, it means keeping her 100% away from the sand or we'll be cleaning sand out of her diapers for a month!  This is a picture of one failed attempt to keep her on the towels. She face planted into the sand and got it into her eyes, ears, and mouth. And then she rubbed her hands into her eyes and made it worse.  Poor girl had red eyes all day!
This is me, sporting my new swimsuit! 

Matt found this blue star fish while walking around in the water.  He tried to take a picture of it but declared that we really just need to have an underwater camera.  Later a few Japanese tourists found the starfish, tore it off and was playing with it. That made Matt grumble quite a bit because he said that hurts the starfish. Hopefully that starfish found a way to safety and was able to recover.


I'm so grateful that I get to be here, experiencing some of the most beautiful things on this earth.  I'm also grateful that Matt got the week off.  It was time we really needed together!



No comments: