Monday, March 22, 2010

Photoshoot

So we've had a rough week. Emmaline had a fever and an earache starting Wednesday that was not at all fun to deal with. Her doctor doesn't approve of antibiotics because it typically only takes three days of waiting for an ear infection to go away and 10 days of antibiotics doesn't make sense to her. So she gave us an ear drop that was supposed to numb the ear. Problem was, Emmaline HATED the stuff being put in her ear. And struggling at 1am with a half awake-fully hurting 2 year old to put drops in, not very fun.
One morning she woke up and her hair was WILD. I tell ya, this child is never going to be one of those kids who can jump up from bed and run out the door 5 minutes later. She'll definately be one that needs an hour or more in the bathroom. This particular morning her hair was even bigger than normal so I decided to take a picture. And that is when we had our little 'photoshoot' all directed by Emmaline herself.
First off: this is 'normal' hair. Frizzy in front but pretty managable when its in a pony tale.
Thats why this is pretty funny: And also:
After I took these pictures Emmaline decided to direct the photo shoot herself. Overall, I wouldn't expect her to be in the world hall of fame anytime soon but I thought it was funny the things she thought were important enough to document. Like:
Her Hands

Her Knees And Her Shirt

I'm so glad we have digital cameras. I don't remember half the pictures that were taken when I was a kid because they are all filed away in a box somewhere in my parent's basement. But with the digital camera, we have a slideshow on the comptuer that scrolls through all the pictures we've taken over the past 5 years. And its so fun to remember all these little moments. And it'll be great to be able to share them with my kids when they are older.

1 comment:

Jenne said...

I love the hair and Emma is soooo pretty. I can hardly wait to see the first pictures of Charlotte (is that how your spelling it?). By the way mom wanted to know if you got Emma's package? Take it easy and keep taking the pictures we love to see how much shes grown.